Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Young bunny seems to not be leaving drops. may be blockage.

Young bunny seems to not be leaving drops. may be blockage. not her self, not happy rabbit
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

It sounds very much like your poor bunny is suffering from GI stasis. This is when her intestinal tract stops functioning properly. The causes are many and usually are not identified but can include, pain, fear, stress, viral or bacterial diseases, difficulty properly digesting diet, tooth problems and many other causes. When this occurs the intestines slow their function which builds up gas and can be uncomfortable to painful. As long as the intestines are slow the gas will continue to build which will worsen the situation. As the intestinal function decreases the stools will often change to either really most or really dry. What you need to do is continue with trying to get fluids into her. Offer her vegetable baby foods as food a few times a day. As soon as you can have her see the vet, this condition is treated best with fluid therapy, antibiotics and pain medications, many patients will recover if we get medical care for them early on.

I hope this helps, best wishes.
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Julia is drinking and eating fruit should we put some sugar free juice in her water what about the milk of magnisia?

You can use sugar free juice as hydration is important, however milk of magnesia will not help and may make things worse.

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, OVER THE WEEKEND WE LOST SMORES , JULIAS FARM MATE WE LIVE IN AMISH CO. I GOT THE RABBITS FROM A FARM. WE ARE TRYING HARD TO SAVE JULIA. WE ARE GIVING HER FRUIT WATER NOW HOPE ALL GOES WELL . THANK YOU SO MUCH

LISA ,TORI,GABBY AND CASSIE TROUPE