How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriticalCareVet Your Own Question
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 63982
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
CriticalCareVet is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my dog ate i little bit of rat poison with bromethalin the

Resolved Question:

my dog ate i little bit of rat poison with bromethalin the dog weighs 33 pounds what should i do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.

CriticalCareVet :

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

CriticalCareVet :

Can you comment on how much was ingested?

CriticalCareVet :

1 block?

CriticalCareVet :

Less?

CriticalCareVet :

More?

CriticalCareVet :

What is the percentage / weight of the ingredient on the package?

Customer:

at most 30% of the block .o1% bromenthalin

CriticalCareVet :

Excellent!

CriticalCareVet :

At this body weight, with this percent, and concentration (and amount) - toxicity is not expected.

CriticalCareVet :

It is too low.

CriticalCareVet :

If you want to be very proactive:

CriticalCareVet :

Since this just happened - if you would like to try some at home care - to make your dog vomit at home (LINK HERE)- you can use hydrogen peroxide.

The general dose is one teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight.

(one teaspoon equals 5 cc or 5 ml).

You can give a second dose in 15 minutes if the first dose does not work.

Following vomiting - you can see your vet for activated charcoal (LINK HERE).

CriticalCareVet :

But this is not calculated to be a toxic dose.

Customer:

ok is there any danger with the peroxide and if i do nothing that should be ok also

CriticalCareVet :

there is little risk with peroxide, and as listed above - not calculated to be a toxic dose.

Customer:

thank you bye

CriticalCareVet :

Glad to help!

CriticalCareVet :

Please remember to click ACCEPT

Find me any time if needed: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-criticalcarevet

CriticalCareVet and other Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you