CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

Thankyou for this site. I have 3 Indoor cats, and some how

Dear Vets, Thankyou for this site. I have 3 Indoor cats, and some how got infested with fleas. My Vet has treated them and I have treated the house, but one of them developed worms. My Vet gave me Profender. 2 of my cats are Burmese and small. Is this safe to give to them?? I know Burmese are a little more fragile (health wise) than other cats, so I'm just double checking. Thanks so much for your help. Sincerely, Art
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Was this prescribed, dosed per the body weight of your cats?

-
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Burmese dose is, medium..for cats 5.5 to 11 lbs. (0.70 ml
the other cats are smaller than 5.5 pounds?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The tabby is 15 lbs. and the dose given to me was large, 1.12 ml
I would only give the dose, per the correct body weight.

There are 3 dosing ranges:

Small Cat and Kitten

Cats and kittens weighing ≥0.5kg-2.5kg - 0.35mL in 1mL pipette.

Medium Cat

Cats weighing 2.5kg-5kg - 0.7mL in 1mL pipette.

Large Cat

Cats weighing 5kg-8kg - 1.12mL in 2.5mL pipette.

I hope this information helps!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet

Please click (HERE) for important information.