CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

IHAVE THE WRONG SIZE TRIFEXIS 20-40LBS 1-15LB DOGS CAN I CUT

IHAVE THE WRONG SIZE TRIFEXIS 20-40LBS 1-15LB DOGS CAN I CUT IN HALF
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

While not exactly 1/2 the dose, as you can see (HERE) 1/2 tablet is about correct.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with "For CriticalCareVet"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so i can give them both 1/2 tablet one dog the older males is 12.5 lbs the other younger female about 18.00lbs will be at leat a week to return the meds and get the right one and i am in florida with horrid fleas and the heartworm med is included in this pill so for sure its okay thank you
veronica
1/2 of the tablet is not a perfect dose.

The concern I have more than anything is there is no guarantee the pill is evenly mixed - meaning 1/2 of the tablet may have a higher concentration than the other.

It is not recommended to split pills for this reason.