My cat has not been to the vet in many years. She is 12 1/2 yrs old. She is a very nervous cat & I wonder what I can do

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My cat has not been to the vet in many years. She is 12 1/2 yrs old. She is a very nervous cat & I wonder what I can do to help her if I decide to take her to the vet. She is acting alittle strange. She drinks tons of water and has lost about 2 or 3 pounds. She has never been a large cat ever. She stays by herself more & lays in odd places. She seems to eat good, still plays, and her coat looks good.
Answered by Dr. Dave in 8 mins 11 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Dave
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Large Animal Veterinary, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

With the symptoms you describe your kitty definitely needs to see a veterinarian. Diabetes as well as kidney disease are real potential conditions with weight loss and increased drinking.

You can pretty safely give a cat 1/2 to 1tsp of liquid children's Benadryl to provide a little bit of sedation to take the edge off of a nervous kitty for a trip to the doctor.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Dave
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Dave
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.