Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

my pet strained to poop and came back in woozy and with blood shot eyes.

Submitted: 6 years ago via ThePetCenter.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 6 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I would be happy to help you with your question.

When I consider these signs in a 10-year-old Labrador, I am worried that there is more going on than just constipation. These signs might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Is there any chance your dog may have consumed any mouse or rat poison within the last several days? If so, the bloodshot eyes may have resulted from a bleeding problem.

If your dog seems to still be woozy, or in distress, or having trouble breathing, I would seek emergency veterinary care and not wait until tomorrow.

Unfortunately, these signs do NOT point to any specific disease or syndrome, so I cannot help you with possible diagnoses over the internet. What I can tell you is that I would want to have my dog evaluated by a vet as soon as possible because this is not normal.

I hope this information helps. Please reply if there is anything else I can help you with.