Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

my dog was in a fight w/ another dog...now one eye is very…

Customer Question
my dog was in a...
my dog was in a fight w/ another dog...now one eye is very red and when I dab it there is alittle blood on the kleenex...how dangerous is this to the eye
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2010
Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help.

1- When did the fight occur?

2- Is the blood coming from the globe?

2 hours ago

what is a globe?

The actually eye or on the skin around the eye or eyelids?
not exactly sure, but the white of the eye is tinged red

If the white portion is red there could be damage to the ball of the eye, this can be dangerous depending on the extent of the injury. The eye needs to be seen by a veterinarian and stained to evaluate for punctures or scratches. If you have access to ER vet it would be a great idea to have him evaluated tonight, if not, follow up first thing in the morning with your veterinarian.

If you have additional questions i will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian