Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

puppy: 10 week old..fleas

Customer Question
hi we have just got...
hi we have just got a 10 week old puppy and it has fleas .how hard are they to get rid off and do they live when they leave his fur.what do you think is the best product to buy thank
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Veterinary
6/30/2010
Veterinarian: Dr. Lazarcheff, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Lazarcheff
Dr. Lazarcheff, Veterinarian

The best products to get rid of fleas are the ones you can get from your veterinarian, (frontline, advantage, revolution,). Personally I use the frontline on my own pets. There are some over the counter products that are effective but they are not as safe and you have to be very careful to dose correctly. The fleas live in the environment (the yard, your house, etc) when they are not on the dog.

Dr. Kevin