Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

my cat drank tainted water. she has not been herself for 2…

Customer Question
my cat drank tainted water...
my cat drank tainted water. she has not been herself for 2 days now. she mopes around , she is gagging. some fluid is also visible in her one nostril. and she is ready to deliver her kittens any day now. what can i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Veterinary
6/21/2010
Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Hi there.

If your cat is still eating, this may not be the water that is causing this behavior. This behavior is typical for cats that are getting ready to deliver. If you do feel this is the water that is causing this, all you can do is nursing care until her system gets past this. Give her Pedialyte every 4 hrs and purchase a product called Nutrical at the pet store and give her a dose of this every 4 hrs. This is a high calorie supplement that will give her the nutrients she needs to get her past this.

If she starts to have trouble before she delivers, have your vet examine her.

Good Luck!!