Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My female cat has reddish/brown drainage coming out of her…

Customer Question
My female cat has reddish/brown...
My female cat has reddish/brown drainage coming out of her left eye with red puffiness and her white area of eye is getting pink. I really cant afford to pay a vet bill so I was wondering if you can tell me the problem and if I can treat this with med i can buy online?
Please Help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Veterinary
6/9/2010
Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help. In response to your question, your cat has conjunctivitis and needs topical ophthalmic antibiotics. You can not get the medication without a prescription from your veterinarian. You could try taking her to a shelter where their fee's are lower than private practice. In the meantime, pick up over the counter eyewash in any pharmacy and use it to irrigate and clean the eye 2-3 times a day.

If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter