Dr. C
Dr. C, Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years in companion,exotics, birds,horses vet practice. Animal owner45 years.
15064662

MY DOG VERU RECENTLY HAD A LITTLE AT THE SAME TIME I DISCOVERD

MY DOG VERY RECENTLY HAD A LITTIRAT THE SAME TIME I DISCOVERD SHE HAD TAPE WORMS, SMALL ONE'S. HOW CAN I CARE FOR HER COSIDERING SHE MUST RECOVER FROM DELERY, AS WELL AS FEED HER PUPS
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. C replied 7 years ago.

Hi-

Cestex is a prescription medication which is not labeled for safety in bitches, but we have used it successfully for conditions such as yours. The reason it is available to use as it works in the gut and is poorly absorbed, therefore it isn't put into the blood system, nor into the milk. You also need to treat the mother for fleas as tapeworms are transmitted by fleas. Fleas can kill puppies quickly! So access your vet for the medicine.

I hope this is helpful. please push ACCEPT and thanks!