alhdvm
alhdvm, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 12 years experience in the field of veterinary medicine. I work on all species of animals.
10679819

can you put Sudocrem on a dogs skin or would it do him harm

can you put Sudocrem on a dogs skin or would it do him harm licking it
Hi magpie 46,

What type of problem do you wish to use this for?

It will not be harmful however, I don't know if it will be the appropriate treatment for whatever is going on with your dog specifically. There is no harm of ingestion in small amounts; large amounts (like if he ate the whole tube/jar) may be a different story.

I would suggest putting a thin layer on the area, and then distract your dog for atleast 10 -15 minutes so the cream has time to work. Then if your dog licks it off at that time it should still have been on long enough to help. Apply the cream two to three times per day.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Hinson