Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 31 yrs old and have practiced only prone masturbation…

Customer Question
Hi doctor. I'm 31...

Hi doctor. I'm 31 yrs old and have practiced only prone masturbation for about 15 yrs. I have found a partner for the first time and my erection cannot move past foreplay. So I have not penetrated yet. Kindly assist.

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No pain whatsoever. It is slightly yellow usually

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a high blood pressure also

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Urology
7/11/2018
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 10 days ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have nocturnal erections?

Are you taking any medications?

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Stress and anxiety?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I do have norctunal erection. But cannot sustain my erection strong enough for penetration. I masturbated only prone my whole life and sometimes ejaculation happened with a semi-flaccid penis. My only medical condition is a high blood pressure and a bit overweight
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I cannot say I have stress. But after few unsuccessful attempts to penetrate, I might have developed some anxiety

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.
Well as you describe, inability to maintain an erection can be a sign of erectile dysfunction(ED).
Psychological factors such as stress, anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem, and fear of sexual failure, poor performance anxiety cause 10 to 20 percent of ED cases.
In most of the cases, it will improve if they simply stop having sexual intercourse for a while and instead focus on enjoying the physical sensations of pleasure rather than sexual arousal.
Foreplay can be very important and help improve erection.
Also, regular exercise helps to have a good sex life.

Monitoring erections that occur during sleep can help rule out certain psychological causes of ED.
Healthy men have involuntary erections during sleep.

As you have a history of Hypertension, so it can also contribute to ED in your case.
If nocturnal erections do not occur, then ED is likely to have a physical rather than psychological cause.
So, you should get your detailed physical examination including blood sugar levels, CBC, urinalysis, lipid profile, serum creatinine and LFT, free testosterone to rule out any systemic physical cause of ED as well.
Further ultrasonography of testes, penile nerve test, snap and strain gauge test, penile biothesiometry can be done.
Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.
You may need psychosexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between both of you.
Involving the partners in the counseling process and psychosexual therapy helps.
Now line of treatment may include
1)Sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis).
2) Use of intraurethral suppositories, the vacuum device, and intracavernous injection.
3)Placement of a penile prosthesis. This is a surgical option.
4) Combination therapies like
Sildenafil Plus Intraurethral Prostaglandin E1
Oral PDE-5 Inhibitors Plus Intracavernous Injection of Prostaglandin E1
Sildenafil Combined with an Oral Alpha-Antagonist
Intracavernous Prostaglandin E1 Combined with Oral Alpha-Antagonist
Vacuum device and intracavernous injection therapy
Testosterone Plus Sildenafil
For treatment, you need to see a Urologist for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thanks. But I'd like some clarification about prone masturbation. Is it true that it has damaged the base of the penis by putting pressure on it all those years? How do I fix it?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Chances of any permanent damage are less with prone masturbation.

Still, it can reduce erection in other positions.

So, try other positions or do masturbation with hand.

Please go through the link.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.