Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had a three month affair which is completely

My husband had a...

My husband had a three month affair which is completely over. started 1st weekof jan. 2018 and ended last week of Mar. 2018. she had herpes simplex 1(cold sores) . my husband has a clear discharge every time I kiss him or he is aroused. Recently found out that he has had a porn addiction that he never told me about our whole marriage. He hasn't looked at porn since. he is not allowed to have any electronics in the bathroom at any time. we had sex last night and I made him pull out and there was a huge white clump of something on him, I asked what is that? scarfed of course because I have only seen clear or semi clear cum come from my husband. he says its because he isn't ejaculating everyday like before. could this be true or does he possibly have an STD? I'm terrified. She already gave us Herpes and She was also sleeping around with her husband, my husband and as far as we know two other men. please help.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has your husband had herpes? Has he used any medication for it?

He never had herpes before. we were both clean. i got tested after i found out about the affair on easter sunday. they said i was negative for everything but Herpes simplex 1.( they said it is just cold sores.) he said he would go get tested but hasn't yet. could this be another STD?

Doctor's Assistant: Has he seen a doctor about the STD?

No, not yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing. he has to lower his cholesterol but that's it.

6/22/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...I am sorry to know about this.

But as he has not got tested till now, there is a pressing need that he be tested for all STDs.

But the timing is very important...based on incubation period or these infectious organisms.

Will let you know after how many days of sexual contact you need to get the testing done.

For genital and oral Herpes it is 6 weeks.

For Chlamydia you should get tested after 5 days.

For Gonorrhea after 6 days.

For Syphilis after 6 weeks.

For Hepatitis B after 6 weeks.

For Hepatitis C after 9 weeks.

For HIV he can go ahead with a Combo test of HIV I & II antibodies along with P24 antigen essay at the end of 4 weeks. The other option is going ahead with an early detection test of RNA detection after 11th day from the exposure.

This is based on the incubation periods of these STDs.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.