Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

About 3 montha ago i had chlamydia an was treated but the…

Customer Question
About 3 montha ago...

About 3 montha ago i had chlamydia an was treated but the symptoms never completely went away recently ive been on doxycycline an it still hasnt completely gone away the burning at the tip it also feels like one of my penis tip glands are swollen from the inside only on one side the pain comes an goes but when i squeeze the head of the tip some times it burns i have no pain during urination it really comes when im not doing anything or at work an im real hot could this be because of hsv1-2 or hpv im really scared an i havent been sexually active in about 3 months or so

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute an i also have back pain neck pain sometimes foot but acute

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Urology
6/1/2018
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 21 days ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok

how old are you?

the most common cause for burning at the tip is due to irritation of the skin from bathing gels, not drinking enough water

drinking too much caffeine or alcohol or spicy foods which can irritate the bladder and urethra.

squeezing the head of the penis will cause discomfort. you shouldn't be doing this

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I am 22 an my urethra has been irritated on and off since i had it i just wanted to know could this be another std thats causing it
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
An i only squeeze to feel that one side is bigger than the other

this doesn't sound like an STD.

it is normal to have one side slightly larger than the other side.