Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 18 years old and still wets the bed, what can…

Customer Question
My daughter is 18...

My daughter is 18 years old and still wets the bed, what can we do to help her stop bedwetting

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

She has been to the doctor but all she put her on was birth control which did not work so she stopped

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is overweight and has been diagnosed with PCOS

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Urology
5/30/2018
Urologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 18 days ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am here to help you. Can you tell me please, has your daughter ever been continent (dry) overnight? Does she have any urinary accidents during the day? Has she seen a urologist yet and had any testing done?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
She is continent during the day. She does have one or two dry nights but overall her entire life she has been incontinent. She has seen a urologist about a year or two ago who ran some tests and all she was diagnosed with was PCOS

I see, thank you for that information. Has she ever been prescribed medication to help keep her dry? DDAVP? Did she respond to that? Are you familiar with a potty pager device? And has she ever had a sleep study done to rule out obstructive sleep apnea?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No she has not had a sleep study nor has she been put on DDAVP. We were told about the potty pager device but when we spoke to the lady she said that because she sleeps deep and is very hard to awake she was been frank and not sure if that would work for her.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Are you still there? I cannot call at this time because I am at work and cannot be on the phone

I apologize for the delay, I've been called away for a patient. I will return in a few moments. If you like I can opt out for another physician, but I would like to continue helping you if you have the time. Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I'll wait
Urologist: Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience replied 18 days ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience

Hello,Do you still need help?

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist