Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I would need to send a photo. You just need to see the test…

Customer Question
I would need to...

I would need to send a photo

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

You just need to see the test results

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Chronic bladder infections for almost 2 years, fevers 37.0 to 37.8 for almost 2 months, 3 rounds broad spectrum 10 day antibiotics

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I don’t know, you would have to see the bloodwork

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
5/30/2018
Urologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Please attach a copy of your lab results. Also, other than the antibiotics are you taking any other medications?

Here is blood result

Thank you give me a few moments to review them.

I should also tell you I have iron deficiency anemia and get iron infusions monthly

OK, that would explain the high RDW (average size of red blood cells) being high. Your urine is OK except for the Leukocyte Esterase which is a sign of infection, but there is nothing else indicating any problem with infection (WBCs, RBCs, Bacteria). Was there a urine culture done?

Did you see the vitamin B12?
That is my concern- I beleive the 2 things are related
The fevers for 2 months with positive bladder infections and 3 rounds of antibiotics and still not better. The vitamin B12 is related to kidneys, aren’t you a specialist?

There is no B12 level reported on what you attached.

Sorry
the RBC’s are high
I guess you can call them eurythrocyes , same thing
How do I get my money back

Retaining urine in your bladder can cause an elevation in Leukocyte Esterase. 37 C is not a fever and 37.8 is barely considered to be a fever. Your anemia could cause your temperature to be at the high end of normal.

A high B12 level is associated with diet and or B12 supplements. If you had a low B12 level, that could be caused by or associated with Kidney Disease.

Your Red Blood Cells are not high, there is a differentiation of the size of the cells but not the quantity. This is due to your iron deficiency.

Contact customer service.

I was talking about the blood in my urine
This is not a specialist, I want my money back