Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am interested to know how serious it is to urinate blood…

Customer Question
I am interested to...

I am interested to know how serious it is to urinate blood also clots and it looks like congealed blood in various shapes.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have been dizzy when I lay down or bend , this has been ongoing as well as the blood lose since Mothers day , I am a male 72 years young

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I keep myself busy and I am a non drinker except that Sunday I had 3 glasses of red wine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
5/30/2018
Urologist: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Urologist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Urologist

Hello, my name is***** and I would like to assist with your health concern.

I am sorry that you are having symptoms.

Blood in the urine is never normal so it is important that you get evaluated right away.

It could mean several things - a bladder infection, a kidney stone (though this unlikely if you have not had any pain), a bladder tumor.

The dizziness may be a sign that you have lost a lot of blood already.

I urge you to get an evaluation today as soon as you are able to - at an urgent care clinic or emergency room. Call your doctor as well so they are aware of what is going on and can follow up with you.

I am available for any follow up questions that you may have.

I hope you get well soon and take care.