Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriends lower groin area is tender to the touch after…

Customer Question
My boyfriends lower groin...

My boyfriends lower groin area is tender to the touch after sex its been about month

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Very healthy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope clean bill of health

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
5/30/2018
Urologist: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Urologist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Urologist

Hello, my name is***** and I would like to assist with your boyfriend's health concern.

Pain after sex (ejaculation) in males can be caused by several things.

Most likely it's from a muscular strain. When a man ejaculates, a number of muscles tense up - and if he has a strain of the groin muscles, that area will hurt.

There are other possibilities of course - such as a small hernia or an infection of the prostate gland. So if your boyfriend's symptoms are persistent and does not show signs of easing up, I recommend that he schedules an appointment with his primary doctor for evaluation and testing.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any, then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. But if you don't feel that I have, please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me, I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on.