Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Penis lip swollen or bump. It's been there for a year now No…

Customer Question
Penis lip swollen or...

Penis lip swollen or bump

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It's been there for a year now No injuries

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Idk, I'm trying to figure out if it's genial wart, hpv or something else?

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Urology
5/28/2018
Urologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 28 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have thirteen (13 years) of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. Skin conditions are best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin issue so that I can guide you better. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Here's pics
Hi... Thank you for uploading the image. I had a look at it.
This looks like a small skin and physiological tissue excrescence rather than a pathological bump.Moreover as it has been going on for the past 1 year without any history of trauma, I do not think that you need to worry about it.By the look of it it does not appear like a genital wart or human papillomavirus induced wart or a herpes virus skin lesion.Can you tell me apart from this bump at the penile tip, is it in anyway causing you any discomfort or any other symptoms please?Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Not causing any discomfort now, but last year when it started, it would like fold back opening the penis tip and it would rub against my underwear and cause it to get irritated and hurt, so much that I put a bandaid over the tip of my penis to stop it from rubbing against my underwear.
Hi... As it is not causing any symptom or discomfort now I suggest that you need not worry about it.
As of now no treatment is required for this skin excrescence which is just hyperplasia of the particular tissue there.
The rest of the penis seems to be very healthy and so you need not worry about this small bump at all.
But at any point of time if it starts growing in size in a short period or if it starts ulcerating due to friction then you might require to see a Dermatologist for cauterization and reduction in size of the bump or removal.But as of now I suggest that you leave it alone and do not worry about it at all." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
After reading this post:
https://patient.info/forums/discuss/bump-on-meatus--301199?page=3I think it is Balanitis or herpes 2
Hi... I have gone through the link which you have provided.Even if it is balanitis there should be some signs of inflammation which are absolutely missing at the tip of the penis.
In this way I do not think that this is an active balanitis in anyway. There might have been a component of Balanitis one year back and while healing it has given rise to this bump. What is the reason why it is inactive and does not cause any symptoms right now and this is the exact reason why it does not require any treatment.Coming to the point of herpes2. I agree that it is a possibility but was it is completely asymptomatic and as such it has been there for the past one year, mingled with the fact that, an asymptomatic Herpes lesion does not require treatment, I feel that you should leave it alone and just observe it for ulceration and pain as I have suggested you before.If any of these start occurring including sudden increase in size, then it would be prudent for you to have a physician look at it or some blood investigations done.But as of now there is no reason for you to worry or go ahead with investigations of treatment of any sort.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Urologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 27 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani