Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a medical question about urology, not something that…

Customer Question
I have a medical...

I have a medical question about urology, not something that happens very often I don't think, need a good expert on the subject of the penis

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Shouldn't I register first or something?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Is this automated? hmm

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Urology
5/28/2018
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 24 days ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

What are your symptoms?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hi, I am here and ready to explain the question.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
text should be fine for now, not really anything particularly complicated to explain
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
34 male, symptom is nerve damage, several years now, no medications, everything is fine medically it was due to something that was done physically
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
are we talking in real time or what? seems like a lot of this is automated.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
let me know when you are ready to talk in chat here or if I should send a letter to an email somewhere... I would like to first know that I am actually talking to a doctor before I proceed.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
alright then

Yes, I am a doctor/ medical expert.

You write here in this reply forum and I answer back you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Anyway, here's the story. In 2012 I went into a urology clinic with an issue of a varicose vein in the scrotum. Had some help at first, tests for infection etc (all came back negative). Then what the doctor did changed something permanently. He used a penis pump on the unerect penis saying that enlarging the veins would help with it somehow. The varicose issue went away on its own with time but a year later the nerves in the glans were all damaged and most of the sensation from there is gone. Do you have any opinions on this?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I would like to know what can be done in terms of imaging (MRI or such) to visualize the nerve damage and if there are any tools that can be used for repair (peripheral nerve regeneration).

I'm opting out so either a Urologist or Neurologist can help you further to discuss with you regarding nerve damage.

It can take some time.

Thanks for your patience.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Okay, if it's a Neurologist I hope he knows the penis really well. Thanks for the response.
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 23 days ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

hello Dr Ross Im a urologist. Unlikely a penis pump caused nerve injury its a treatment used for US. If there was injury it would be a bruise or stretch and peripheral nerve regenerate inly the spinal nerves don't . i hope that helped if damage occurred it would have been noticed that day if it was slower there is another medical issue present, ratings appreciated

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Actually there was a stretch noticed right after the procedure, as the penis no longer shrunk to as small a size when unerect as previously, and some of the dorsal veins that go sideways became more prominent. I don't think there was any other medical issue that could have caused the nerve damage, since that was the only thing that happened around that time related to that area.Anyway the cause is not that important, what is important is how it can be fixed. There is partial sensitivity still there so the nerves that are in question must be located in the glans. Can the damage be visualized? Are there neurological treatments available to help regenerate them? Maybe something is being pinched or blocked somehow? What about cell or tissue transplants? Where can I read more about the anatomy and neural function of the glans in detail? Thanks for the response otherwise.
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 22 days ago

penile surgery can mnot fix or diagnose anything it has to heal by itself with time