Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been battling interstitial Cystitis for 5 years.

Customer Question
Medications like Vesicare, Toviaz and...
I have been battling interstitial Cystitis for 5 years. Medications like Vesicare, Toviaz and Myrbetriq due not work for me, they put me in retention. Over the past 5 years I have been to University of Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins. I have had the botox surgery once and Interstim twice nothing has worked. That being said do you think it would be worth the expense to travel to the Mayo Clinic and give them a chance
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
5/25/2018
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 2 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I would try hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy for interstitial cystitis

also I would try medical marijuana for interstitial cystitis pain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15183555