Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a vasectomy shortly after I had a swollen lump in the…

I had a vasectomy...

I had a vasectomy shortly after I had a swollen lump in the groin, the doctor said it would go down. it never did and is still painful. I think the pulling caused the lump.. is this risk of vasectomies?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Wow you are quick. over a decade

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Concerning the vasectomy, no.

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/12/2018
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross IM a urologist I will try to help

how long ago was the vasrectomy

right after you can have a lump at the end of the vas called a sperm granuloma theses are small about less than a cm, If it is larger it is probably a spermaocele, these can occur most commonly spontaneously from the body reacting to a sperm leak or irritation, I do not remember seeing one associated with a vasectomy in my 30 yrs of urology. Tenderness usually comes because as a patient we check to see if its still there , that is irritating to the body to be squeezed as much if it get big 3-5 cm it can be surgically removed. The pulling would not cause a lump if you think of your lifetime how often you pull bump or hit those testes they are pretty tough. I hope that helped rating appreciated

Ross
Ross, Urologist
During the vasectomy cord was very painful the pulling requiring several more locals, i still feel tightness on my cord where it was tied off. the feeling is constant standing or sitting.
During the cord pulling was very painful requiring several more locals, i still feel tightness on my left cord where it was tied off. the feeling is constant standing or sitting n and it has been years now