Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just started taking Toviaz MG two days ago. Since I

Customer Question
started taking it I have...
I just started taking Toviaz MG two days ago. Since I started taking it I have noticed an increase in my urgency which is opposite of what it is supposed to do. Is that natural and will stop in a few days.Also I have had retention in the morning, Due to my problem I take 10MG of Melatonin at night to help me sleep. Could the combination of the Toviaz and Melatonin be causing the retention or is it just the toviaz.Thank You
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
4/3/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have an enlarged prostate?

Slightly not much. It has been checked. Take Rappaflow everyday. I have intertestial Cystitis

Ok. Toviaz is not the greatest drug for IC either

have you tried elavil or elmiron?

I just have urgency no pain or flares so I do not need elmiron
I just started taking Toviaz MG two days ago. Since I started taking it I have noticed an increase in my urgency which is opposite of what it is supposed to do. Is that natural and will stop in a few days.Also I have had retention in the morning, Due to my problem I take 10MG of Melatonin at nightto help me sleep. Could the combination of the Toviaz and Melatonin be causing the retention or is it just the toviaz.

No that is not natural

toviaz does nothing for IC

it is the wrong choice in med

elmiron will help

elavil will help

both are good choices

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

LIke I said before Urgency is my main problem. That is why I am taking the Toviaz
but the urgency is not from OAB. It's from IC. That is why toviaz isn't working !!!