Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have constant burning at the end of my penis and I peed in…

Customer Question
I have constant burning...

I have constant burning at the end of my penis and I peed in a clear cup and now I see a lot of small stuff in my urine, tipping the cup on its side they look whiteish . looking at them from the bottom they appear to look dark in color..is this the break up of a stone. this am I had blood in my urine. the pain is going away a little

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

What is the difference?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
4/3/2018
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have abdominal pain, nausea?

Frequent urination?

Fever?

Are you taking any medications?

Any medical history?

Do you have a single episode of blood in urine?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I’m 76. Only pain in end of penis. No other place. No nausea or fever only a single blood in urine issue. Was taking antibiotic no history I am aware of

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it can be possible that you have passed a stone or sludge while urination resulting in blood in urine and inflammation of the urethra.

Now, I would recommend taking OTC Motrin and AZO pills.

Also, take cranberry juice.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

You should undergo a urinalysis for microscopic examination to rule out microscopic blood in urine, infection, crystals of stone, amorphous deposits.

If you have such cup of urine then give that urine sample to a laboratory.

Avoid spicy, fried food, and seeds rich diet for a while.

Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.

If the pain is getting severe with recurrent blood in urine then see a doctor in an emergency room.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.