Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

How to disolve calcium oxalate monohydrate stone of size…

Customer Question
How to disolve calcium...

How to disolve calcium oxalate monohydrate stone of size 3mm

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No Pain.White only.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain as of now but my CT reveled few stone in my left kidney with largest being 3mm

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes. Iam 41 now and very 8years I had lithotripsy done to pass the stone.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Urology
4/2/2018
Urologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 20 days ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well you obviously need to drink good quantities of water to help the stone pass out with urine.

Portassium citrate helps dissolve the kidney calcium oxalate monohydrate stones faster . Its available with the brand name of urocit-k . So you can use that .

Moreover limit protein and salt intake .

A common mistake is to avoid calcium in diet , so please continue to take normal diet as far as calcium is concerned.

I hope you query is addressed.

Hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries on this .

Please do remember to leave a positive rating if it helped.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor