Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have testicle hydrocele after laproscopic hernia surgery…

Customer Question
I have testicle hydrocele...

I have testicle hydrocele after laproscopic hernia surgery two years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Is aspiration better than a hydrocelectimy?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been approved for surgery after a nuclear stress test.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
4/2/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

There is a small chance of recurrence after aspiration.

While usually recurrence is rare after hydrocelectomy.

The advantage of aspiration is;

a) Can be done as office procedure.

b) It may even be repeated.

People usually resort to aspiration first. If there is recurrence than a surgery is opted for.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.