Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

How does a man know if he has a kidney stone. Acute all of a…

How does a man...

How does a man know if he has a kidney stone

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute all of a sudden all during the night last pm

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes only 1 kidney , right kidney removed 18 yrs ago rental cell cancer all has been well ever since

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please write your symptom in detail.

Do you feel pain? where is its exact location?

How is urine?

How old are you?

Do you have any other symptom?

Do you take any medicine?

Extreme pain feel like I must pass urine but unable to pass very small amount #2. Pain is in Penis #3. Not sure #4. 64 yr male #5. None #6. Low dose blood press
None

Is there any swelling of lower part of abdomen?

For how many hours are you not able to pass urine?

Are you going to answer me

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.

I am very sorry for your symptoms.

If you can not pass urine, I would recommend that you should go to ER.

This will likely need catheterization.

The cause of retention needs to be found out.

You can put alternate hot & cold compress over the lower abdomen.

You may try to pass urine after opening the tap in bathroom.

The sound of running water sometimes help to stimulate urine flow.

Sitting in warm water can also be helpful.

Difficulty in passing urine can be from infection.

Stone in the urinary bladder and urethra, enlarged prostate can cause it.

For detection of stone, ultrasound or X ray can be taken.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

Your satisfaction is my goal.

If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.

Wish you healthy life.

Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)