Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this red spot for about a month on the tip of my…

Customer Question
Hello doctor. I have...

Hello doctor. I have had this red spot for about a month on the tip of my penis. I've shown a picture to the pharmacist and his conclusion was "Urethral Caruncle" he told me that I have to book an appointment with GP, the only treatment that he suggested is surgery. I've booked the appointment but it will be in two weeks time. I don't feel any pain at all and in the last two weeks, I don't see any sign of growth. Any advice of any medicament I can take in meantime?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
3/28/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture of the affected area?

Hi Dr. Phil,I have attached a picture taken today.

There is really nothing to do to treat this at home quite honestly

if there are no symptoms then you don't really need to do anything

I'm not sure I agree with the diagnose

it appears to be some prolapse to me

is this helpful?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Hi Dr.Can you please be more specific? If you don't agree with the diagnose, what do you believe that this might be? Why there is nothing I can do at home?

I believe it is prolapse

it is when a small amount of internal tissue pushes out of the urethra

To be honest I was expecting an expert advice who would explain to me what this might be, what may be causing it and how can this be repaired, what are the risks if untreated for a long time. I totally understand that you are dealing with 100 of patients at the moment, but I don't think it's right to get general answers.

I told you what it was

It is a prolapse. Urethral prolapse

this is when tissue from inside the urethra pushing out. Similar to a hemorrhoid but of the penis

The cure is surgical removal of the prolapsed tissue

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor