Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My poop looks like coffee grinds... I know they usually

Customer Question
My poop looks like...

My poop looks like coffee grinds... I know they usually means blood. I’ve had a kidney stone for a few days and saw the urologist yesterday. No results from blood, urine, or CT yet. I’m in some pain, but not much. Should I go to urgent care?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the kidney stone begin? Have they used any medication for it?

Sunday was the first day for the kidney stone. Just Advil

Doctor's Assistant: Have they used anything besides Advil for this?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

are you on blood thinners?

No
Only on HPB meds, statin, estrogen

do you have a picture?

No.

Ok I was hoping I could see and determine if it is blood

I think you need to go to ER for sure for that CAT scan

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)