Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Post Op question for A frenuloplasty. I had the…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have a...
Hi there, I have a Post Op question for A frenuloplasty. I had the procedure today. Basically, my frenulum was so overstretched past my glans that it swelled up months ago. I booked in to get the surgery today. However, I believe the surgeon elongated the frenulum at the overstretched starting point rather than directly beneath the urethra ( where - before stretching trauma it began) . The area just beneath the urethra is swollen just as much as before and the new elongated frenuloplasty begins too far down the glans. Leaving the overstretched part in a constant state of swelling as it has no chance to heal. What should I do??
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here is a photo of how it looked before the procedure with the frenulum stretched to a halfway down position. I’m scared that I’m going to have to go back in and get it redone possible or maybe even have to have the whole frenulum removed as it has been placed too far down the glans, resulting in a constant swelling just beneath the urethra.
3/24/2018
Urologist: Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience replied 1 month ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience

Hello,I am Dr. Aren,I have over 37 years of experience, and I will help with your query.Do not be in a hurry,give the area time to settle down and the swelling to go down.The drugs you are getting will help with both,talk to your surgeon and discuss the matter with him.I am sure he is an experienced person who has done this earlier and will be competent to not cause damage/injury .Give the whole problem at least a week,but you can discuss this with your surgeon in the meanwhile and sort out your worries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think it’s a problem that the beginning of the frenulum is not in its usual position, and that small area is very swollen ( as a piece of skin should be there but was overstretched past it )
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m happy to give it a week, at this stage though I would love to just get a Frenectomy and be done with this problem. The surgeon worries me and I feel like he has done this on purpose as he has been angling for a circumcision the whole time ( which I do not want). I feel like when I go in with this problem he will use it as a reason to circumcise. What are your thoughts?

Getting a circumcision or not is your choice,if you feel the surgeon is being obdurate,frankly a second opinion after about a week would be the best option.Short frenulum is a frequent complaint in some men ,and complication do follow this.The repair or Frenuloplasty usually relieves this problem.Circumcision has nothing to do with this .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand however I think my frenulum was operated at the wrong starting point. I just can’t believe this. Do you think it’s normal to have ALOT of swelling in this area right now

Any tissue which is operated,will definitely have a lot of swelling for the next 48-72 hours,after this the swelling will go down. So do not take any decision in a hurry,discuss your doubts and fears with the surgeon and do not give in to circumcision if you do not want it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think frenulectomy is a better option for me at this stage? I’m going to request a second opinion as I am not satisfied with your response sorry Dr.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it possible the surgeon operated on it halfway down at the point or irritation ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get a urologists opinion on the possibility of the frenuloplasty not being started in the right position due to the overstretched swelling I had prior to surgery?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would love a urologists opinion. Thankyou
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi could I get a response please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please can I have an answer about the wrong placement of the beginning of frenulum? What the hell I pay a lot of money for this site please
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren