Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been troubled by having very sensitive skin around the…

Hi Doctor, I’ve been troubled by...
Hi Doctor,
I’ve been troubled by having very sensitive skin around the head of my penis for the past 4 months. It was never like this before I received a message parlor handjob. It now itches and tingles just below the head and appears to be redder when erect than usual. The thing that alarms me the most is when I masturbate or engage in sex it feels painful in this area. ???? Could it be an infection or what???
I attached a photo.
3/23/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Have you tried anything to treat that?

I have. Neosporin, lotrimin and vitamin E oil.

That doesn't look like an infection--either bacterial or fungal so I doubt those would help

It looks like an eczema problem--no particular trigger for it

For now I suggest over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream for a week

If that doesn't clear it up you'd need prescription tacrolimus cream from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

Honestly, it happened right after I received that handjob. I do recall the oil being really hot when applied to my penis. Could that have triggered it?
Dr. Chip, we had this conversation before in the past. I’m not sure if you remember?
But the entire head of my penis tingled for an entire week. Could eczema cause that type of sensation?
What is the doctor prescribed medication you mentioned?

Yes that may have triggered it

And eczema can definitely do that

Tacroliumus cream is a stronger corticosteroid cream than the hydrocortisone

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
The head of my penis is discolored as well. So, hopefully that’s it.
I just emailed my doctor the photo with your recommendation.
Thanks again Dr. Chip.

My pleasure and keep in touch