Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to speak to a doctor. No its more in my rectum…

I would like to...

I would like to speak to a doctor

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No its more in my rectum not urine related

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im 21 years old, recently had hemmerhoids female had irregular spotting after my period. had a check for uterine fibroids last year and came back with results of signs of no fibroids however im concerned about something in my back passage

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have bump, pain, burning, itching at the anal opening?

Blood in stool?

Pain during a bowel movement?

Since how long have you been suffering from hemorrhoids?

Have you tried any treatment so far?

Constipation/ straining during a bowel movement?

Are you taking any medications, birth control pills, etc?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
To my curiosity, I put my finger inside my rectum to check what was wrong with me as I was having difficulty passing stool. (The stool is soft, I am not constipated), however passing it was still quite the struggle. It feels like something is obstructing my rectum.When I put my finger into my rectum, about 2cm-3cm in, I felt a hard lump on the rectal wall, facing towards my vagina (possibly where the cervix is). It is quite sore when I push it and can leave an achy feeling afterwards during the day. The lump is hard and about the size of a grape or little ball. I'm very worried and hope that there is nothing wrong.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds an Internal Hemorrhoid or Polyp.

You must see a proctologist for an anorectal examination to determine the underlying cause.

You can try OTC cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone and use pads containing witch hazel or a topical numbing agent.
Use a sitz bath with warm water with betadine solution for 10-15 minutes twice a day.
Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids and eat fiber-rich diet and take Metamucil.
Avoid alcohol, spicy food, fat rich food.
Avoid straining during Bowel movement.
Avoid long periods of sitting.
Even sitting too long, particularly on the toilet, can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus.
Do regular exercises.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
there is itching at the anal opening, however I do have a history of eczema (I understand itching is also a symptom of hemerrhoids).- No bleeding, only external if I rub too hard to wipe. The stool is kind of mucousy.- Ive tried suppositories for hemerroids before.Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the follow-up.

Try such measures that discussed earlier which definitely provide you relief.

Avoid too much washing as it aggravates itching.

Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with 1% Clotrimazole ointment twice a day.

Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Urodoc
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor