Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been feeling pain mostly above my left testicle for a…

I have been feeling...

I have been feeling pain mostly above my left testicle for a little over a week now. I also feel something like a knot just above it, not actually on the testicle though. I intend to see a local urologist but until then is there anything I can do or should be worried about?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

9 days I think. And nothing specific helps, shifting sometimes helps. The pain kind of comes and goes on it’s own.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing

3/21/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age?

Do you get Pain or discomfort in your groin, especially when bending over, coughing or lifting ?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I am 23. No other health problems and I do not notice any difference when bending over or anything like that.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, this can occur due to-

-Inguinal Hernia

-Sebaceous cyst.

The sebaceous cysts usually can remain dormant for long time with no problem and usually harmless and can be watched.
When this gets mildly inflamed, it can be painful.

You need to consult doctor, for detailed examination of the scrotum, testicles

Also a A scrotal ultrasound may be done to find where the swelling is occurring.

In the mean time , take painkiller like motrin, use ice packs on affected part and also followed by sitz baths to decrease swelling.

You should Wear loose undergarments, and avoid doing any exercises.

Most likely, this is not related with any serious issue and can be managed.

Please use above measures, and get it further clinically evaluated from your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician