Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

First I urinated blood followed by strong urge to urinate.

Customer Question
First I urinated blood...

First I urinated blood followed by strong urge to urinate. My blood is normal. What is wrong with me? Do I need to visit the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Fine when the exception I mentioned.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
3/20/2018
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Pain abdomen?

Burning during urination?

Do you have blood in urine every time during urination?

Are you taking any medications?

Can you check your blood pressure at home?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 64 years old male. No pain in the abdomen. No burning sensation when I urinate. Red blood in the urine happened before I feel the strong urge to urinate every minute. I am taking lisinopril for blood pressure and Mitormin for diabetes. I am not a diabetic, but borderline. My test result is 6.4. I took my blood pressure at home, and it is 172/88. I do have a mild COPD. I am taking ADVAIR FHA and PROAIR FHA.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I left my cell phone at work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You already charge made $42 without an answer to question. And you already charge me $50. I have not make a phone call yet. I will dispute the charges, unless my question is answered and the phone call is made.
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online and saw that your question is unanswered for long. Would you like my help with your question today?”.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not need your medical advice. You charge my credit card $40 without I getting medical opinion of my problem. You charge my credit card without I receiving a phone call. For sure, I will dispute the charges of $50 because I have not receive a phone call from you. Thank you.
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 1 month ago

This is Dr. David

are you still urinating blood

one time urination of blood could have been a clot from your bladder or your prostate gland.

sometimes blood can be from your prostate gland where semen fluid is produced from a prostate infection which can cause blood and urge to urinate.

sometimes a course of antibiotics can be used to treat prostate gland inflammation

Dr. David, MD