Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am in need of self catheters but I don't knowhow the size…

Customer Question
I am in need...

I am in need of self catheters but I don't knowhow the size organisatie a brand. I used them thirteen years ago for the last time. And I am From Holland. W hen I call the organisatie who sells them they ask for size and Brand. Can you help me?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and tamsulosine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I think not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
3/20/2018
Urologist: Dr. Gehring, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor

Hi there,

I am Dr. Gehring from Germany and willing to help you. There is a German site where you have to answer some questions and then they will suggest you the perfect catheter ( I hope you speak a bit of German, otherwise I will help you) You will only have to fill in a Zip Code and an email address. I hope they will answer you even if you are in Holland. If not use any German Zip Code near the border (i.e. Kleve 47533) and see if they send their suggestion to a Dutch Email address.

https://www.prolife-kontinenz.expert/welcome/katheterfinden?gclid=CjwKCAjw4sLVBRAlEiwASblR-6zCDMKh6bQ8BcwnjTLuakmF2DkkOy8-W43_9uyv1gT-YBEaIbP-zhoCxZIQAvD_BwE

This is one possibility. The other, better one is to see your urologist and have him make a suggestion. Some good brands are LoFric, Hollister or Coloplast. You may need about 10 to 16 Charr, the length depends on the lenght of your urethra.

You see that your anatomy decides what you will need. If you can't see an urologist quickly enough start wit 12 Charr (it just takes longer when your catheter is too small).

I wish you good luck! A positive rating or my help by clicking 5 stars would be appreciated. Tot siens!

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your first suggestion as my main purpose is to get back to Holland from Australia. Auf wiedersehn.
I mean from Au to Ho ofcourse.

Ok. I wish you luck! Please do not forget to rate positively by clicking 3 to 5 stars for my help.

Welkom thuis!

Bedankt voor een vriendelijke beoordeling van mijn hulp!