Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having pain in my left Testicle only when I am…

I've been having pain...

I've been having pain in my left Testicle only when I am walking. As far as I can tell there is no swelling. The pain feels like it is more towards the back. it is only sensitive to touch and doesn't seem to hurt when I am at rest. Do you have any suggestions.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries but is possible I injured myself while sleeping. When I am sitting or laying down it there is no pain but when I move around I feel pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom? rash?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I am 20, the pain started Thursday morning, no other symptoms that are visible, I have had pneumonia before but that was a long time ago. I have not seen anyone yet and I don't take anything

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Pain in the testicle can occur from a few causes.
Infection or inflammation is a common cause.
The other causes can be trauma, varicocele etc.
Sometimes it can be referred pain from other organ like urinary colic, radiculopathy.
Prostate pain can be referred here.
But those usually causes persistent pain even when sitting.
Small pain can be from an inflammation, trauma.
You can observe.
If the symptom persists, I would advise to consult doctor to have an examination.
Doctor can take a few tests like an ultrasound, urinalysis to know the precise cause and have a management plan.
You can take Motrin for pain.
That would reduce inflammation too.
Please keep the testis well supported during walking.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)