Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

What are the best and safest treatments for peyronie's

Customer Question
What are the best...

What are the best and safest treatments for peyronie's disease

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Getting to start a Xiaflex regimine. Is there any other cures for Peronie's disease?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. My overall health is very good. I am 70

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
3/18/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what you tried anything else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long does it usually take for an answer?

Ok. The only other med that might work is oral verapamil

it is a blood pressure pill that works for Peyronie's

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know what it’s success rate is.
Is that a better solution than xaiflex?

About 30% success rate

xiaflex is the best option actually

I would go with that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not think this service is for me. I don’t feel like I have received and pertinent information and would like to end the chat
And have my credit card refunded.Thanks

What else would you like to know?

There is not much that can help with Peyronie's disease.

Oral verapamil is an older but viable option. Success rate is poor

The data is impressive on xiaflex

it is the best option

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist