Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My Mother is catherized - she is 97 but nothing is basically…

Customer Question
My Mother is catherized...

My Mother is catherized - she is 97 but nothing is basically wrong other

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Than her self catherizing for 15 years prior to her current hospitalization. we want to transfer her to an upper floor of assisted living, but her catherization issue and night discomfort is keeping from the move to a better environment.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Is there any alternatives to catherization that we could pursue ie. intermittant catherization, etc. I am afraid a colostomy would be too

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
3/17/2018
Urologist: Connie Pennington,
 replied 1 month ago
Connie Pennington

Hello, I am Dr. Pennington.

Why does your mother self-cath? Has she ever had an indwelling catheter?

Why do you mention colostomy?

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist