Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I found a small lump on the ridge between the base of my…

Customer Question
I found a small...

I found a small lump on the ridge between the base of my penis midway to my rectum bit of burning sensation seems to shrink a bit after hot shower. No impediment in my urine flow. Thoughts?

Doctor's Assistant: When did burning begin? Have you used any medication for it?

About 4 weeks ago no medication yet thoughts?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about burning?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Heart murmur hernia operation 12 years ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
3/15/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

What is the size of lump?

Is it painful, tender, mobile?

Could you please post a picture of it?

Thank you.

Age 61 mildly tender size about like a piece of corn. Seems to shrink a bit in hot shower no urine flow impediment

This is suggestive of lipoma (fat tissue) or lipofibroma.

Both of these are benign.

Usually no treatment is necessary and these can be left alone.

These do not increase in size.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist