Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I want to ask a urologist a question. I had holium laser…

I want to ask...

I want to ask a urologist a question

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I had holium laser treatment for a very large prostrate 8 days ago. I also have haemmeroids. Prior to the laser treatment I had a Foley catheter for 2 months! The catheter is out and I am home but feel very sensitive at the tip of my penis and in my urethra! I am also suffereing from haemmeroids! Is this normal? Any suggestions

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

To your site yes

3/14/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.c

Many thanks

The pain in the tip of penis and urethra can be due to multiple factors as following;

1) Due to catheter staying for many days.

2) Due to persisting mild urinary tract infection due to catheter and surgical procedure.

3) Due to raw bed of prostate due to surgery which has a same nerve supply so there is referred pain to penis and urethra.

Hemorrhoids do can aggravate as there is laser affecting the wall of rectum and anal canal.

Warm sitz bath will help overall. Vitamin C and probiotics too are beneficial.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Many thanks
How long do you think this will persist?

You are very welcome.

This may persist for almost 10-14 days. But it starts decreasing in intensity slowly after 4-5 days.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.