Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a62 year old male and have endured 15 years of pain off…

Hi , I am a62...
Hi , I am a62 year old male and have endured 15 years of pain off and on mostly on, in the middle of the penis shaft ,it doesn’t seem to get any better with time in fact it is getting worse,i have seen 2 urologist over the same period of time and they both did a scope and saw nothing that looks like it could be the cause. One dr thought it might be prostate cristals .any way There only salution was to treat the symptoms and put me on pain killers,I now am on 75 mil of fentinal and it has helped a lot over the years but it’s not working as well as it use to,I also have been diagnosed with cell but am not on any treatment .i also feels like I have to pee all the time and with that and the pain it is difficult to get any sleep. Anyway do you have any ideas that might help
3/12/2018

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you have painful curvature of your penis?

you were diagnosed with "cell"? what is that?

do you have pain in your penis all the time in the mid shaft or only during erections?

I don’t have any curvature and the pain is there all the time ,I get a bit of relief if I pee for a short period of time and it burns a bit ,it also burns a after egaculation ,the I think the best way to discribe the pain is , it’s like having an open sore or scratches on the inside , I was diagnosed with cll, is a cancer of the blood ,

have you had a cystoscopy to look on the inside of your urethra and bladder to look for areas of ulceration and infammation on the inside of your urethra?

I have had that done twice , once about 12 years ago and once about 8 years ago, I have to make an appointment to see my family dr next week because i am not sure if the pain is worst or if the medication is no longer working as well as it did . I don’t know what tests are available that weren’t 10 years ago . Anyway the cystoscopes didn’t show anything then. I live in the country so I have to be sent out by to have any test done

what medication are you talking about?

have you tried pyridium or Azo medications which can help numb up your bladder and urethra and could help decrease pain if the pain is coming from the urethral lining in your penis.

I take fentinal 75 every other day as a patch , what are azo medications ,are they prescription drugs ,what would be the cause of the penis urethral lining to be inflamed, because that is exactly what it feels like

azo is over the counter version of pyridium which is the prescription mediation which can help numb up your bladder and urethra.

the penile urethra is a sensitive area

it could be due to nerve injury possibly in the urethra which could cause pain for many years.

pyridium is also called phenazopyridine

Ok , I will try that and see what happens,thanks for your time

you are welcome
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com