Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

After using 1% Hypocortisone cream/Anti fungal cream for 5…

Hi, after using 1% Hypocortisone...
Hi, after using 1% Hypocortisone cream/Anti fungal cream for 5 days to treat a penis irritation on my glans I have had side effects from the cream such as: pronounced redness and wrinkling fo skin. I stopped after the 5 days a week ago and have not seen any improvements. How long does it take for the side effects to fade from the penis glans?
3/12/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It can take 2 to 4 weeks sometimes but if it does not get better after this time then get an examintion by a doctor. Apply tea tree oil or aloevera gel to keep the area hydrated.

l hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I am worried I am left with permanent side effects. Do you think 5 days 2x a day elicits this reaction?

Thanks for the reply. Steroid use less than a week is not likely to cause an permanent damage so stay positive.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
What do you think? It’s now just very dry, wrinkled and red. I’m trying to find some natural aloe Vera plant to use. Do you think this redness/ wrinkles will go away in time?
What do you think about that photo?

This looks just dry and would get better over time. Do not get worried.

How long do you think it will take to rid the skin of the damage?
In between flaccid and erect the glans become so crinkled and appear to be almost like a plastic bag? How long will this symptom take to leave