Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I RECENTLY HAD A OUTPATIENT PROCEDURE FOR MY PROSTATE. AS A…

I RECENTLY HAD A OUTPATIENT...
I RECENTLY HAD A OUTPATIENT PROCEDURE FOR MY PROSTATE. AS A RESULT I HAVE HAD TO USE A CATATHER AND TAKE CIPRO DAILY TO PREVENT INFECTION AND ALEEVE TO REDUCE SWELLING AND FLOMAX. NOW I AM HAVING URINE LEAKS. ARE THE LEAKS TEMPORARY? I NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE. I AM USING A CATHETER BECAUSE I NEED IT TO PASS URINE BECAUSE I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS. PLEASE ADVISE.
3/12/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What was the procedure?

Are you using self use intermittent catheter or the catheter is indwelling (put in bladder)?

How many times do you have urine leaks in day and night?

What did your uroflowmetry and urodynamic study show?

I THINK IT WAS BHP, MY TRIPS TO THE REST WERE FREQUENT AT NIGHT. THE DOCTOR SAID THE PROCEDURE WOULD REDUCE MY TRIPS SO THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE TO TAKE FLOMAX FOR LIFE. THE LEAKS JUST STARTED TODAY. I AM USING THE SELF USE INTERMITTENT CATHETER. MY PROSTATE WAS TOO LARGE AND THAT IS WHY I WAS HAVING THE EXTRA TRIPS AT NIGHT.
NOT SURE OF THE PROCEDUE NAME

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Leaks are in all likely to be temporary. This is because of the infection and bladder spasm.

Cipro will take care of infection. You may ask your doctor to prescribe you diazepam 2 mg which may reduce bladder spasm.

There is a medicine called as Pro Banthine which may help in withdrawing use of self intermittent catheterization early.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

THANK YOU!

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.