Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I think I have a hemroid. What can you do to take the

I think I have a...
I think I have a hemroid. What can you do to take the swelling down. I have a picture of it. It doesn’t bleed or anything. Just uncomfortable.
3/10/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please send the picture.

Ok

Do you have pain?
When did it develop?

Just after I poop. Had a large bowel movement last Saturday.
No real pain now. But before it did

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
This is likely to be due to external hemorrhoid.
Other probable is a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid.
You can take sitz bath.
This would need sitting in warm water for 10-15 min.& can be repeated several times.
Antihemorrhoid creams like preparation H can be applied.
You can also take analgesic, antiinflammatory medicine like motrin after food to relieve the pain.
Please take plenty of fresh vegetables , fruits & fluid to keep the stool soft.
OTC stool softener like metamucil can be taken if there is constipation.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you. I will do what you said.