Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am years old and suffer from diabetes and high blood

Customer Question
I am 69 years...

I am 69 years old and suffer from diabetes and high blood pressure both under control,,,,my penis only gets half hard ,,,the libido is there sometime i masturbate twice a day,,,if i sqeeze the base of the penis it gets harder,,,what could the problem be?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Chronic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i drink wine daily three glasses

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is likely to be blood vessel problem; which may be due to diabetes and high blood pressure.

You may get the following investigations done;

1) All hormones; thyroid, prolactin, testosterone, adrenal functions.

2) Autonomic nervous system testing;

Penile thermal sensory testing

3) Somatic nervous system testing;

Penile glans biothesiometry

Bulbocavernosus reflex latency test

4) Penile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)

5) Penile angiography

6) Duplex ultrasonography

7) Combined intracavernous injection and stimulation

Penile angiography and duplex ultrasonography are the investigations which tell about the blood vessel issues.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

i know for sure that testosterone is low 200

A low testosterone may also play a small role in erectile dysfunctions.

Associated with the diabetes is a condition, which is called as subclinical late-onset hypogonadism (SLOH) which is suppose to cause erectile dysfunctions. In this there are two hormonal criteria;

1) measurement of testosterone concentration (which is slightly low)

2) Testosterone / LH ratio (T/LH).

These too may need treatment.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.