Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Wierd to ask but looking for answer about something I just…

Wierd to ask but...

Wierd to ask but looking for answer about something I just found with my penis. A vein running down the side and into my mid section is sore and when erect actually moves left or right when it's touched. Haven't seen a single thing online so far about it or anyone with the same symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a urologist about the soreness? IHow long have you been dealing with this?

Just found it in the last few minutes. No issues all day then all of a sudden its sore and doing this moving which is wierd.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not sure. Never come across anything like this

3/10/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is known as Phlebitis which means inflammation of the vein.

This usually happens as a response to trauma or sometimes can just occur spontaneously with no explanation.

Trauma can happen during a vigorous sexual encounter or masturbation.

You should start with an anti-inflammatory medication like Tylenol or Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day.

Massage the area with Motrin gel thrice a day and avoid sexual intercourse or masturbation for 5 to 7 days.

If this seems to be getting worse or if you think the erection is not straight and the penis appears bent to one side then you will need to see your doctor for an evaluation.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the soreness at the base along the body is usual right? I can feel it a little bit in my abdomen just above the penis. Still the same vein.

It can happen with phlebitis. Just keep an eye on this and start on the above treatment regimen. If you think it is not calming down within the next 48 hours, then see your doctor. Or if it appears to get worse within the next 24 hours, see your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Glad to help.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor