Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a healthy 43 yr old woman, never had kids experience…

I’m a healthy 43...

I’m a healthy 43 yr old woman, never had kids experience dribbling after urinating all of a sudden

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No not at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Normal color light yellow

3/10/2018

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are the kids?

what age?

yes, it can be very normal for boys or girls to dribble a few drops of urine after urination.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Normal? This never happened to me before I am 43 Is there a reason?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry this format is not great for typing. I do not have kids - never gave birth and no other changes. Just started to have a problem of dripping after I have gotten up from urinating. For a few days now

I see.

what is your height and weight?

have you tried to do kegel exercises before? this can help strengthen your lower pelvic muscles which can prevent dribbling.

loosing weight can help strengthen your pelvic muscles as well.

drinking more alcohol or caffeine can irritate your bladder and cause more dribbling of urine out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t drink alcohol and have about 1 cup of coffee a day for the last few years. Have been the same weight 149 for years now and am 5’5” in prettt good shape. I would like to try the exercises and practice while urinaring this just seems to be an issue with the urethra

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises/art-20045283

is some instructions for kegel exercises for women from the Mayo clinic

you should see a urology doctor and get some testing of your bladder to check for problems if you continue to have dribbling.

kegel muscles are the ones you use to stop urination, your lower pelvic muscles which you can tighten and relax and strengthen over time.

Dr. David, MD