Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 68 year old male with metastatic prostate cancer. I…

Customer Question
I am a 68...

I am a 68 year old male with metastatic prostate cancer. I was diagnosed 32 months ago and am on Lupron, Xtandi, and Zometa. The Xtandi seems to be helping a lot. I've been on it going on 4 months. PSA is about 12 last couple months, down from around 200. I had a tough period around beginning of September 2017. Was hospitalized for left calf blood clot and high kidney enzymes. Stents were placed on ureters bilaterally. Now at 6 months they were exchanged 10 days ago. My issue is a lot of blood in urine, seems to be increasing. Notice at night and more and more in daytime. Saw Urologist Wednesday and told him about it. I said that I didn't want another invasive procedure but it concerned me. He agreed that he didn't want to do another Cytoscopy an told me that it should resolve, that it could be expected as there was a lot of "manipulation" and therefore time was needed for it to heal. Since my visit Wednesday things are looking worse not better. Should I just take it easy and be patient or seek more help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used Xtandi or anything similar before?

No. Not Xtandi

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Xtandi for this?

Do you mean for metastatic disease?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a kidney stone I passed about 4 years ago. May have some in kidneys now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

I will be home in two hoursand you may reach me there. Otherwise feel free to call me anytime tomorrow thank you Dr. Phil

I would seek more help

this should be improving if anything

did anyone check your blood count?