Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it normal to go to the bathroom every hour? i'm going on…

hi, is it normal to...
hi, is it normal to go to the bathroom every hour? i'm going on a trip soon and would like to hold my bathroom visits to the minimum? thanks
3/9/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Is there any pain or discomfort during urination besides this frequent urination?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
going on a bus ride for 4 hours soon, there will be a bathroom but don't want to use too often during bus ride

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having excessive/frequent urination about every hours needs to be evaluated.This can be due to various causes.

Most common causes are:prostate gland disease,interstitial cystitis(an ongoing inflammation of the bladder) ,overactive bladder syndrome, diabetes.

Following tests are required urinalysis,urine culture and sensitivity tests,cystoscopy,cystometry, blood tests,digital rectal examination (DRE).

Considering your age of 48 years,prostate gland disease can be the most probable cause.

With age, the prosate gland may begin to grow.The growth may eventually cause freqquent urination, because the gland pinches off the urethra as it increases its size.

There is nothing serious or dangerous about this and it is treatable with medications.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician